The “Alliance Design for Recycling Plastics” sees itself as a link between the public sector, associations, NGOs and the private sector and aims at cooperation within the industry and all stakeholders along the value chain (raw material suppliers, packaging manufacturers, food and consumer goods industry, retail and wholesale, collection systems, recycling companies). According to the Alliance, concrete measures of the initiative are:
- Standardize definitions of terms to promote a common understanding
- Develop and write guidelines and recommendations on Design for Recycling»
- Develop standards and labels, quality assurance and testing (with regard to recyclability, use of recycled material, recyclate quality)
- Promote and support the implementation of the guidelines “Design for Recycling Plastic Bottles”.
- Information and communication, including training and sensitization of professionals and the media
- Supporting the Swiss plastics market to provide and use regranulates from Swiss post-consumer collection material
- Exchange of information and networking with international organizations and initiatives
In addition to current news, excerpts from the relevant policy framework and the guidelines “Design for Recycling Plastic Bottles”, the website also features best practice examples.