ECO DESIGN OF PLASTIC PACKAGING
Round Table definition of Eco Design
Eco Design of packaging…
- Aims to minimise the environmental impacts of packaging and packed goods over their entire .
- Is part of the decision-making process for developing and marketing a packaged product.
- Takes in a holistic view of the entire packaging system (primary, secondary and tertiary packaging).
- Ranges from incremental product improvements (e.g. material reduction) to process innovations (e.g. optimised goods logistics and recycling).
at various levels:
- Between various environmental factors (e.g. using less material vs recyclability).
- Between environmental and other factors (e.g. functionality, consumer protection and costs).